An inflator reg combines a backup regulator with a BCD's buoyancy control system in one compact, at-the-ready unit. SCUBAPRO introduced the inflator reg concept to diving almost 30 years ago with the introduction of the AIR2 (short for Alternate Inflator Reg). Now in its 5th generation, the AIR2 delivers air as smoothly as most primary second stages, and unlike traditional dangling octos, it is always within easy reach if needed. As a BCD power inflator the AIR2 fits comfortably in the hand, and the large inflate and deflate buttons can be differentiated by both color and touch, improving safety on ascents. The AIR2 was diving's first inflator reg and, with five generations of improvements, it's still the best.
- Test-proven breathing performance and cracking effort surpass many traditional downstream second stages when it comes to ease of breathing.
- Innovative dive/pre-dive switch enables you to detune the unit when not in use, eliminating free flows.
- Flexible purge cover is easy to locate and depress for quick clearing, even when wearing thick gloves.
- Power inflate and deflate buttons are positioned on top of the housing when the AIR2 is in your mouth, making it easier to control buoyancy.
- Power inflate button features a lighter lever so less load is required to initiate inflation.
- Power inflate and deflate buttons can be differentiated by color and touch due to their different shapes and sizes, improving ascent control and safety when inflating or deflating the BCD.
- Large bite tabs on the mouthpiece guarantee a secure grip in high-stress situations.
- CE certified (EN250A -- greater than 10ºC/50ºF warm water test controls) as a second stage regulator.
|Product Weight||1 lb|