Who should take this course?
The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
What will you learn?
Your training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
How can you start learning now?
Get a PADI Deep Diver Crew-Pak that includes your manual and video by visiting one of our shops! Read the manual and watch the video before meeting with your PADI Instructor to plan your deep diving adventures.
What scuba gear will you use?
Dive deeper and earn your next certification:
- Enroll in a Deep Diver course at your local Beach Cities Scuba Centers.
- Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.