PADI TecRec - Tec 50
Who should take this course?
The third part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program is Tec 50. As a Tec 50 diver, you show that you’ve developed competency as a tec diver and have the skills to dive to a maximum of 50 metres/165 feet. You know how to make extended, accelerated decompression stops using up to two gases. It’s not easy to reach this level and earning your Tec 50 certification opens the door to deeper diving expeditions.
To enroll in the Tec 50 course, you must:
- Be a PADI Tec 45 diver
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
What will you learn?
The Tec 50 course includes two knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives. A primary focus of this course is mission planning and execution. You also learn more about handling emergencies and how to think like a technical diver.
How can you start learning now?
Contact us at (714) 527-1500 (our technical diving center) to make sure you have the most current PADI Tec Deep Diver Manual, which you’ll study independently before meeting with your PADI Tec Deep Instructor.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll use full technical diving equipment and you may use a technical sidemount configuration, plus two stage/decompression cylinders. Your Tec Deep Instructor may also introduce you to using trimix on the last open water dive.
Become a Tec 50 diver:
- Enroll in a Tec 50 course today by contacting (714) 527-1500.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Download a PADI Standard Safe Technical Diving Practices Statement of Understanding.