Apeks Nitrox regulators are suitable for use with up to 100% O2 and are color-coded for easy identification.
The regulators have been specially cleaned and assembled in our purpose built class 'J' (10,000) Clean Room using oxygen safe components and lubricants and are available in yoke ('A') clamp or DIN fitting.
Although the XTX40 is a mid-range Apeks regulator, it is still classed as a high performance regulator in independent reviews. The XTX40 comes with all the features of our highly successful XTX50 with the exception of diver adjustable breathing resistance control.
Nitrox equipment will be supplied in Europe in accordance with the EN 144-3 and the EN13949 which states that equipment sold in CEE (European Community) countries over 21% and up to 100% will be manufactured with the special M26 fitting.
The first stage has four medium-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret. This results in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose.
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. Only the narrow exhaust tee is supplied with the regulator.
Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left handed configuration. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician.
Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable.
Suitable for coldwater use (below 10 C / 50 F).
First Stage Features:
- Use the DS4
- 1 HP port and 4 MP ports
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
Second Stage Features:
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.