Join us for the Spearfishing Series! You can choose the different parts or the entire series!
All classes held in Oceanside at 225 Brooks Street, Oceanside, CA 92054.
- Fri Nov 2 - 5-7 PM - PART 1 Group A (Classroom)
- Sat Nov 3 - 10-12 - PART 1 Group B (Classroom)
- Sat Nov 3 12-2 - PART 2 Group A/B (Pool)
- Sun Nov 4 - 10-12:30 - PART 3 Group A/B (Classroom)
Part 1 - Introduction to Freediving and Spearfishing $49.00
- Brief intro to Freediving and holding your breath
- All about the gear - what's different about Freedive gear?
- Speargun basics - what are the key differences between gun designs?
- What and where do we hunt?
- Gun safety
- Loading a speargun and all about bands, power, and range
- Get in the water and shoot a target!
Part 3 - Hunting - how and where $79.00
- Key species to hunt
- Where to find them!
- How to hunt for the key species - Calico bass, Halibut, Yellowtail, and the elusive White Sea Bass!
- Kelp Paddies - what's under them?
- Keeping your catch fresh!
- Fish and Game rules, licenses and sustainability