Designed for both entry level and advanced divers. Most suitable for hunting around reefs, holes, and bottom diving. Models C3S, C3XS, C4S, and C4XS have blue water hunting capabilities with proper upgrades.
The Competitor Series has 3 teak laminates, with exception of models C4 & C4X with 4 laminates for added strength. A rest tab may be added for ease of loading and lower power shooting around rocks.
Competitor X models feature a 3″(7.5cm) rear stock extension for ease of loading on the hip.
Competitor S and XS models feature a Threaded 5/16" Shaft With Large Spearhead and (3) 9/16" Power Bands
- Laminate teak wood stock
- Available in Hawaiian & Standard setups
- Hawaiian setup: 9/32″ Hawaiian Flopper Shaft, 1 wrap of line, and 2 power bands for shorter shooting range
- Standard setup: 5/16″ Threaded Shaft, 2 wraps of line, 3 power bands for longer shooting range, and threaded 2-barbed tip
- 9/16″ (14mm) amber power bands (may upgrade to 5/8″ (16mm) bands for more hitting power and longer shots – recommended with heavier shafts)
- Rigged with 300 lb. Nylon monofilament shooting line for faster shooting and abrasion resistance (400lb. available for heavier shafts).
- 5″ Bungie Shock Chord with 500 lb. test Pigtail Swivel (400lb. Snap Swivel optional)
- Heavy-duty ABS plastic handle
- RIFFE’s stainless steel 2-piece trigger mechanism assembly, accepts all diameter shafts: 1/4″(6.5mm), 9/32″(7.1mm), 5/16″(8mm), 3/8″(9.5mm)
- New side mounted spring loaded safety
- Auto Line Release
- Contoured red urethane butt end assembly for comfortable loading
- A rest tab may be added for ease when loading and lower power shooting around rocks
- Accepts all suitable RIFFE accessories & parts
- All models may be rigged to customer’s preference (when purchased)
- Competitor #3, #3X, #4 and #4X models have blue water hunting capabilities with proper upgrades.