With the introduction of the new D420, SCUBAPRO engineers have combined the iconic design of the original D-Series second stages with the latest advances in breathing performance technology. They then teamed it with the new MK19 EVO balanced diaphragm first stage to create a 21st century smooth, natural breathing regulator. The new D420 features a brand new balanced valve inside a housing supported by a full metal structure. Called the Progressive Flow Control Valve, it is able to deliver abundant airflow for the best breathing performance with a natural smoothness comparable to what you might experience breathing on the surface. The uniquely shaped fiberglass-reinforced nylon casing is ultra-durable and allows the LP hose to be connected on either the right or left side for maximum rigging flexibility. A new dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the casing with a thumb tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out of the valve. The highly efficient purge button is a technical jewel based on a new concept that gives the D420 its unique face. Teamed with the compact, lightweight MK19 EVO, with its environmentally sealed system, dry ambient pressure chamber plus user-friendly LP port swivel turret, this regulator system is uniquely well-suited to handling cold water and the harsh diving conditions often encountered by technical divers. This makes the MK19 EVO/D420 more tech-driven than the MK25 EVO/D420, while serving avid divers and SCUBAPRO brand enthusiasts everywhere.
- Uniquely shaped fiberglass-reinforced nylon casing carries on the D-Series heritage with the latest advances in breathing performance technology
- Air-balanced Progressive Flow Control Valve is able to deliver abundant airflow with a natural smoothness comparable to breathing on the surface.
- Dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the case with a thumb tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out of the valve.
- Casing design features inner winglets that direct airflow towards the exhaust valve, creating a dramatic improvement in exhalation effort.
- Diaphragm is located in the lower section of the casing to take advantage of the pressure gradient in the upright position, making breathing even easier.
- Reversible hose attachment allows for either left- or right-side LP hose connections for maximum rigging flexibility
- Large purge button is easy to reach and depress, with or without gloves.
- Exhaust tee is compact and efficiently deflects bubbles from the diver’s view while enhancing ease of exhalation
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Compact Hi-Flow mouthpiece improves airflow as well as mouth comfort, fitting all mouth sizes, from largest to smallest.
|2nd Stage Design||Balanced|
|1st Stage Type||Diaphram|
|2nd Stage Series||D Series|
|Water Temperature||Cold, Temperate, Warm|
|Nitrox Mix||Up to 40%|
|1st Stage Materials||Chrome-Plated Brass|
|2nd Stage Materials||Reinforced Technopolymer Casing, Metal Components|